How to configure Web Tests so Fiddler can capture playback info

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:02 PM

In the book about VSTS2010

[Visual Studio Performance Testing Quick Reference Guide (Version 3.6)]

Written: 

In 2010

To get fiddler to work in VS 2010, simply open Fiddler, then start playing the web test. There is no need to code for anything.

I have the Controller and Agent on different servers, I installed Fiddler on both.

My problem that I trying capture the HTTP results by Fiddler , but don’t successful.

Please assist.

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Have you tried installing and using Fiddler on the machine where the Visual Studio IDE is running? I have never tried using Fiddler directly on an Agent. Only from the IDE. Be sure you have configured your testrun settings to run the tests locally.

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 10:02 AM
To: Geoff Gray
Subject: How to configure Web Tests so Fiddler can capture playback info [VSPTQRG:396667]

In the book about VSTS2010

[Visual Studio Performance Testing Quick Reference Guide (Version 3.6)]

Written:

In 2010

To get fiddler to work in VS 2010, simply open Fiddler, then start playing the web test. There is no need to code for anything.

I have the Controller and Agent on different servers, I installed Fiddler on both.

My problem that I trying capture the HTTP results by Fiddler , but don’t successful.

Please assist.

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I have managed to collect response/requests through Fiddler installed on a machine where VSTS, after I turned off the remote agents and set up to work around  a local agent.
thanks